Monday, May 30, 2011

Heart of Visayas: Cebu City

Got up early and asked my Dad to accompany me to the domestic terminal. My heart was overflowing with excitement cause finally, after weeks of preparation and internet searching, Cebu now is within our reach.




The weather was fine. I was a bit scared for it's my first time to board a Zest Air plane. Some people say that they always have delayed flights, good thing I didn't experience that. The 1 hour travel from MNL to CEB went smoothly.


When I got off the Mactan International Airport, I just followed what I have read in other blogs - cross the street, go up the stairs and there you'll see a queue of white taxis. If you're a swag or rich enough, you can opt to ride the airport taxi (yellow one). T'was traffic when I got there. Almost a 45mins ride going to our hotel. I paid Php 210 for the fare.



We stayed at Gran Tierra Suites (situated at Midtown Cebu proper near Fuente Osmena circle) the place is very accessible and the rooms are really clean and good. We got a Family room (good for 3pax) for only 
Php 1,189 a night. Check in time is 2pm.

After waiting for hours, my bestfriend finally came all the way from Ozamiz. We walked around the busy streets to familiarize ourselves.





The place is really beautiful. Add to that the colorful jeepneys that makes the place even more interesting. Manila is not even at par with Cebu, I think (cause it is way cleaner there). After almost an hour of walking, We decided to go back to the suite to chill and rest while waiting for another friend to arrive (unfortunately, her flight was delayed)




0 comments:

Post a Comment